Field Labeling Evaluation
lf your building’s fire doors or frames are missing time-rated test labels, you may have received or are at risk for a fire code violation (not to mention a safety hazard for your occupants). Instead of replacing the door or frame, Guardian’s Field Labeling Evaluation Service offers a much more cost-effective solution.
Our Field Labeling Evaluation Service, offered by our test lab, includes an on-site analysis and evaluation of the materials, design, and construction of the door, door frame, and protective plate where required. Field Labeling Technicians, trained in the test lab, conduct the analysis and evaluation with their knowledge of the IBC’s accepted door assembly codes and the door assembly test standards.
Fire door test standards
- UL 10B
- UL 10C
- NFPA 252
Fire rating requirements
- Steel door frame: 90 minutes
- Steel door: 90 minutes
- Wood-core door: 20 minutes
- Mineral-core door: 45, 60, or 90 minutes
THE GUARDIAN ADVANTAGE.
OUR LABEL MEANS MORE
Guardian’s field labeling department is backed by the expertise of our product fire testing division.
TRUSTED BY INDUSTRY LEADERS
The Guardian name is recognized by building code inspectors, the Joint Commission, and other Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ).
SAVES TIME AND MONEY
Our field labeling service can help you avoid the cost and effort of replacing doors and frames with missing labels.
- After scheduling a visit based on the needs of your organization, a Guardian technician will come to your building to evaluate fire door assemblies, including the door, frame, and kickplate.
- The technician will apply the appropriate time-rate labels (20, 45, 60, 90, or 180 minutes) to each component.
- Upon completion of the visit, Guardian provides a report on all evaluated assemblies that includes opening number, label serial numbers, and time ratings for doors and frames.
- Any hardware items that must have their own fire-rated designations are noted on the report.
“I wanted to let you know that [your field technician] was very professional and very helpful. He took the time to review and to educate regarding each opening.”
PUT OUR EXPERIENCE TO THE TEST.
Learn more about our fire testing services or request a quote.