Specialty Door Program
Fire rating oversized and one-of-a-kind doors is no easy task, yet it’s imperative for building code compliance and safety. At Guardian, we offer a Specialty Door Program for doors that are not appropriate for our standard field labeling service.
Our Specialty Door Program is capable of evaluating doors of virtually all shapes, sizes, and uses. Oversized door and frames are allowed per IBC 718.104.22.168. In fact, the largest door we’ve labeled, installed at Cape Canaveral, is 35-feet wide and 17-feet high. In contrast, the smallest doors are 2×2 ft. laundry chute doors.
STEEL DOOR FRAMES
- Guardian evaluates and labels the door frames as per construction standard UL 63, Outline of Investigation for Fire Door Frames.
- Frames may be rated up to 180 minutes.
- Rated hollow metal or steel door components and the assembly of the components may be rated up to 180 minutes.
- Shop drawings with rated parts list are evaluated.
- Guardian evaluates and labels fire doors per UL 10B, Fire Tests of Door Assemblies.
45-MINUTE AND 90-MINUTE MINERAL CORE WITH WOOD-FACED FIRE DOORS
- The purchase of 45-minute and 90-minute mineral cores combined with the correct procedures and processes allow for an evaluation of the assembly as a fire door.
- Shop drawings showing all details and processes are used to judge whether or not the assembly may be rated as a 45-minute or 90-minute fire door.
Your company submits the fire door shop drawings to Guardian for approval.
Guardian’s Fire Testing Engineers will review, comment, approve (if appropriate), and stamp the shop drawings.
If the criteria are met, we will supply the appropriately rated fire door frame label for attachment to the steel door frame.
PUT OUR EXPERIENCE TO THE TEST.
Learn more about our fire testing services or request a quote.